Thursday, October 28, 2010

It All Starts with a Footstep

Hi blog world!

  I just saw the Marie Claire post which cast a very small light on a big issue and I thought there needed to be more uplifting and encouraging posts out there for people to read and be inspired!  I've been big a majority of my life, but by the time I graduated from college, I was over 400 pounds and I finally made a decision to change.  I joined Weight Watchers online (because lets be real...I was too stingy to pay monthly) and it was a safer option for me and I also joined a gym.  The first time I got on an elliptical machine, I almost fell off!  I made it 15 minutes and that was enough for me.  I kept going back and I started seeing changes.  Eventually I started training for a triathlon, a 10k and even a half marathon!  I have had an amazing support system of family and friends that helped me along the way.  At the beginning of this year, I had lost 160 pounds!  I started to slow down on my exercise time and went back to some old ways and put some of the weight back on but I have recommitted to losing weight and I have 115 pounds to go.  I know I can do it and I hope you will join me on my Adventure.  I have already changed so much - more confident, outgoing, friendly, compassionate, adventurous and giving and I'm excited to see what changes await me in the future.

I chose Emboldened Adventure as my blog title because I want you to be encouraged by me - to see the ups and downs, the hard times as well as the fun and fabulous times.  It is also my hope to be encouraged by you.  If one person reads this and is happier, tries something new or just has a better day then my job is complete and I would LOVE to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome Elaine!! Such an inspiration. 30 pounds feels like an impossible dream for me and you have lost over five times that amount. I admire your willingness to share your journey on this blog and your heart! I'll be cheering for you every step of the way! Love, JennyLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! If you need a running partner, I'm in but I do complain alot!! *disclosure ;)

    ReplyDelete