Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hello little blog

...I know, I know.  It's been awhile.  I may or not be cheating on you, little blog, with another blog.  Shocker, I know.  Sometimes I seem to forget or not have time to catch all of you up on this blog but I'm going to try to do a better job at that. 
 Some things that have been happening in my life recently:
I decided not to do the sprint triathlon.  The day I was going to sign up, I drove the route and the bike route is out and back on 3 different roads.  All hills.  And I don't mean just slight inclines, I mean big hills.  Steep hills.  Long hills.  Long and steep hills.  From the beginning.  I just knew there was no way I could handle those hills and then run the 5k - also hilly.
I'm thinking about signing up for another half marathon.  This scares the crap out of me.  Part of me says to wait until I build up my mileage and I feel more confident.  The other part of me says go ahead and sign up.  Not only is it cheaper, it will give me the extra push to make sure I'm running and building up my mileage because I'm committed.  Then I also wonder what if no one comes and no one is there to support me.  I know that's stupid but I think about it.  It's a thought.  Deal.
I really want to do a half Ironman.  I've mentioned this before but I really want to do it.  I need to find one that's not terribly far away and do-able.  Although we all know how much I hate running when it's hot so the fact that there aren't fall races in cooler states makes me a little sad.  But I guess I'm going to have to just deal with it and run in the heat.
I'm coming up on 3 years being a homeowner.  That is just weird.

I think those are the big things.  Another realization I've had - it's never too late to go after you want.  You're never too old, too anything to go after your dream.  Hello.  Look at the 40 year old Olympic swimmer.  Never give up on yourself.  Always keep trying.

Until next time, blog world.

No comments:

Post a Comment