Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I CAN

I don't know if you've seen the new Jennifer Hudson for WW ads or not, but they're all about the phrase "I CAN" and concentrating on what you can do rather than what you can't.  Of course, this got me thinking.  Often I'm tempted to think about all the things I want to do but can't which sends me down a dark path.  Whenever I start this thought process, I have to stop myself and think of what I can do.  When I do get to something I can't do, I make it my goal..so I start to think, I CAN...go rock climbing eventually, I CAN ride in a gondolla, I CAN go skydiving eventually, I CAN find a job that I enjoy.  I have gotten to the point where, if someone tells me I can't do something...because I'm too young, a girl, too big, too southern, too whatever - I make it a goal to prove that person wrong and to show myself I'm stronger than I ever imagined.  Some people call this stubborn...I call it a will and a drive to succeed. =) 

I challenge you to look back at your life and see the obstacles you have overcome (celebrate them!) and look at what you CAN do, then look at your life and see if there's anything you want to change.  I'm not saying it's going to be easy, you may have to train, go back to school, see someone you don't particularly care for, face certain fears (I mean, I'm scared of heights...but I still want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...strapped to a professional, of course :o) but it's worth it in the end.  Don't forget to include your family and friends in these goals...or at least 1 person.  It's nice to know someone has your back when you fall down and need that encouragement to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment