Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Turn turn turn...

Why is it so hard to follow through with your commitments after a long day of work?  I start off the day so excited to get to the gym and run or have a good, hard work out but after a long day at work, I get into my car and go back and forth between deciding if I'm going to go to the gym or not.  Recently, more often than not, I make it to the turn and I head off to do something else instead.  Why is this?  I wish I knew...

One thing that helps me is to keep inspirational quotes and pictures and memories around me.  One person that has inspired me recently is Courtney on the newest season of Biggest Loser.  Maybe it's because I can relate so much to her as she lost 100 pounds on her own before joining the show or maybe it's because I love her work ethic.  No matter what kind of challenge is thrown at her, she remains positive, does everything that's asked of her, doesn't complain - she just wants to be an example and an inspiration to the thousands of people watching.  And I truly think she is.  So how can I use this to make a goal?  When I'm wavering between going to the gym or going out to do something else, remember the struggle I've faced and remember the positive, can-do, don't take anyone's crap and stop making excuses attitude of Courtney.  What are you inspired by?

No comments:

Post a Comment