Friday, July 15, 2011

A little bike ride and a few thoughts

Richmond has been hit with two days of absolutely beautiful weather!  What was I supposed to do...stay inside at work?  I don't think so!  I took the day off today so I could enjoy the weather.  Seriously, can you blame me? 

I decided I was going to get a quick bike ride in and head down to the park Ronnie and Deana showed me a couple weeks ago.  The only part I forgot was having train tracks to go over and not knowing if they were smooth or if I'd faceplant on my way to the park.  I was only about 5 minutes into the ride and all I could think was how miserable it was, how much my legs hurt and how I still had 30 minutes left to bike.  But I kept going...and for a lot longer than 30 minutes.  I finally made it to the park and I loved every second of it and on the way back, I saw so many things that made me smile - kids playing in the park, a tractor pulled over so the guy could go in and talk to the guys at the service station, an F150 logo from the back of a truck that had fallen off, etc.  It's so easy to go through your day and not take in all these small things and get annoyed at that biker you can't get around because there's traffic coming the other way.  (Yes, you're welcome cars on Purcell and Mountain.)  Me?  For today and right now, I'm thankful I was on that bike, slower than in a car, so I could see and experience those things, being reminded how amazing the small things can be sometimes and to enjoy just being outside, being a biker, being 28, being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment