Monday, July 11, 2011

I will not burn out....hopefully

I've come to the conclusion on why I get burnt out so much when I train for something.  I love having a goal to work towards and a culmination of all the hard work when I know I can relax but sometimes I seem to get too focused.  The closer I get to a big race, the more afraid I become of getting hurt so I stop doing the "fun" things like combat or zumba or anything that might tweak any part of my body.  That's when the fun goes out.  So now I'm making an effort to keep the fun things when I'm training.  Especially if it's a lite training day, I can throw in a fun class or every few times, throw out a lite day for some cross-training.  It truly seems to be a mental game and hopefully this way, when the race is completed, I'm still in the gym, having fun.  Yes, I can take time off to recover from the running and biking and whatnot, but I won't get burnt out.  At least this is the plan.

I mentioned this is the year of Elaine and 2 weeks in, it's going pretty well. ;)  I'm slowly taking back my life and doing things for me.  When I get up the guts to tell the world a few things I have on the burners right now, it will just keep the momentum going for this to be a kick butt year!

No comments:

Post a Comment