Wednesday, March 16, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

Clearly, trying to do healthy things makes me happy...hence the blog.  Though that's not the only thing that makes me happy.  Besides, life is about more than exercise. :)   This past weekend I was in Atlanta to celebrate my niece turning 1!!!  I can't believe she's 1 already!  It seems like the year has flown by but at the same time, I feel like she should be 5 by now.  I love making cakes so I convinced Andrea that we should make Maddie's first birthday cake.  Even though we were delirious by the time we finished decorating the cake at 12:15 the morning of the party, I think we did a good job.  (For those wondering, each of the "dots" are actually individually piped stars)
Then it was time for Maddie to blow out her cake and smash into it!  Though being the gentle, loving child she is...she wasn't quite sure what to do, so Andrea helped her out.
Then Maddie was nice enough to share...what a thoughtful kid.

It was a great party and a great weekend with Jason, Andrea, Maddie, my parents and the Smiths.  My little niece is starting to develop a personality and I love seeing it and seeing her laugh.  Pretty much, if she laughs, then I'm a happy person.  It's amazing how much I love her and how quickly that love developed.  However, all good things must come to an end and as sad as it was, we had to hop back in the car and drive back to Richmond.  This week has been crazy busy which includes two potlucks tomorrow.  Another thing that makes me happy?  Baking and cooking.  I had to decide on my dishes at the last minute...my favorite of the 2?  Angel food cake surprise.  It's yummy, light and filling. 

It's also nice to be reminded to be thankful...this has nothing to do with the fact that I use this over Thanksgiving. ;)
A pasta salad was made....but the picture's not too pretty.  What else have I enjoyed this week?  My family being silly...and loving where I come from.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment