Monday, March 7, 2011

Rewarding weekend

After a drama-filled week last week, I just wanted to get out of town and away from all the craziness...preferably to some water...for some reason being around water is very calming for me.  However, after waiting too late to call and stop by griff & mc's place an then talking to a few people, I decided to self-heal in-town and with some friends.  Saturday morning brought beautiful weather and a walk/run 10k with my friend, Laura.  We started in Carytown and zig-zagged all around to Monument, Grove, Byrd Park with plenty of people watching and commenting along the way.  Our treat for completing the 10k was going to be Carytown Cupcakes - courtesy of Groupon.  After we finished, we grabbed our purses and headed back down Cary, making a stop at Subway...where I was quickly reminded what I conveniently forgot - if I do anything over 5 miles, I make myself sick.  Joy.  As I'm standing in line placing my order, I had to yell over to Laura to come finish for me and I basically collapsed into my chair.  Laura was a trooper and brought my food and sugar-filled soda to pump me back up.  Yay Mr. Pibb.  After that, I still wasn't feeling great, so we decided to hold off on the cupcakes for another adventure.  I woke up Sunday morning and boy howdy, I could feel the 10k from the day before.  Instead of taking a rest day, I chose to get a little swimming in and it was fabulous.  I forgot how awesome it is to be back in the water and block all the noise, thoughts and commotion out of my mind.  It's always nice when you rediscover the joy you found in something so long ago and one of the reasons you miss it too.  All in all, a great training weekend for both the 10k in April and my triathlon in May.  Wow.  That just sounds so soon.  And with that, I'm a little freaked out. :o

No comments:

Post a Comment