Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A run, skip and a fall

I met up with another Sarah friend of mine on Monday to go for a run (apparently Sarah's and I seem to be really good friends).  I upped my intervals so now I'm running 7, walking 3 for 30 minutes.  It was great to catch up with her and be motivated by hearing about completing her first marathon!!  I'm only supposed to run for 30 minutes each time, however on Saturday's I typically do longer distances and then walk the difference.  As Sarah and I set out on our run, we decided to run from Flatwater to Pony Pastures which completed the 30 minute run/walk portion.  I suggested walking back and Sarah said we were running.  Well, Sarah won so we ran/walked back to Flatwater and I could feel the extra running in my calves and right above my heels.  Sarah, working in the sports therapy world, told me the exact muscle that was acting up...but let's be real, I don't remember it.  I know I worked hard because I basically made it home, showered, sent a few emails and was in bed.  I was tired, in pain and not feeling great.  (I forgot to turn a light off downstairs and just debated leaving it on all night because the thought of going back downstairs and climbing up the stairs again almost sent me into tears.) 

I may have gone to bed in pain, but I woke up feeling much better...though I figured it was best to give my legs a rest yesterday.  I'm keeping up my intervals with a run today, tomorrow and hopefully upping my intervals to 8 & 2 on Saturday.  It was great running and catching up with Sarah and she helped remind me that while I may have fallen from where I was at my peak, I'm still farther along than I first started on this journey.  The important part is that I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment