Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Back at it

I decided last night was the perfect night to head back to the gym.  I went to take a Body Pump class since I hadn't been in awhile and go for a quick run.  Well I hit some traffic on the way to the gym and by the time I got there and changed, it was almost time for class so I decided my run would have to wait until afterwards.  I think I've mentioned I can be competitive and a little stubborn sometimes so when the instructor said to load up the bar because the squat track was easy, what she meant was - if you've been coming for awhile now, you should load up the bar because it will be an easy track for you.  What I heard was - you slacker, you haven't been in awhile so you really should go all out and load up to get back in the swing of things.  Needless to say, my legs were shaking by the time we were done.  Once we got to the lunge track and even the back track, to say my legs were wobbly would be an understatement.  Once that was over, it was time for my run.  In the words of my friend, Amy, OH MY B'GOODNESS!  From the first step, I could feel the work I had just completed in Pump class but I told myself it's only 30 minutes and 3 cycles.  I can do this.  As I started the run, all I wanted to do was stop because my legs hurt but after I got into the groove, the pain lessened considerably and I was able to power through.  It also reminded of my first Sprint Tri when my friend CJ came and found me on the course towards the end.  I was walking because I was so tired and she told me I was SO close to the end, I needed to run and I could do it.  So I ran with her and as we were running I remember telling her "my calves better look AWESOME right now" and she slowed down a bit and yelled to me that they looked great.  As I was running around the track last night, I felt like my calves were popping out of my legs so I knew I was working hard.  So to get me through the last cycle I just kept laughing and repeating I was sure my calves were looking hot.  Haha.  Whatever it takes to get through a workout, right?

This should be a good week for me.  Tonight I'm doing the eliptical (give my knees a break) and swimming, tomorrow morning will be Combat and Zumba and then later in the afternoon I'm meeting a friend to go for a run (this could be a slightly painful day of running) then a few runs over the weekend as I travel to DC and Baltimore!!!  Yay!

I also signed up for a deal from livingsocial.com (which I highly recommend signing up for living social and groupon - deals around your city) for 20 bootcamps for $20 which I think starts next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment