Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bootcamp, bring a friend and weigh-in's

Well today was weigh-in day and I was down 3 pounds!  I will take every bit of lost poundage I can. =)  The gym and I had some quality time last week and hopefully that will continue.  I also started going to a bootcamp on Monday - it was interesting to say the least.  This was one of the deals from the living social site, but I don't think they were expecting the response they got.  We packed the parking lot at Deep Run - people were parking in the grass, on the side of the road, on hills (yay for 4 wheel drive, right?).  I think they'll have to adjust the exercises they do and how they go about structuring the activities but it seemed to get off to a good start.  However I do have to rant about one thing - complainers at bootcamp.  Don't get me wrong, I groaned a little when they told us what we were doing - mainly on the burpees, supermans, and the v hold but I did them and I didn't say one word about it.  The people around me were griping saying "I'm out of shape", "Why are you making us do this?", "you're horrible" and so much more which really irritated me.  I get that you're out of shape; most of us are which is why we signed up for the bootcamp.  You know how you fix that?  You work out, you go to bootcamp, do the exercises and get stronger.  You voluntarily signed up for these classes - you weren't forced.  If you don't want to be here, then don't come; if you do want to be here, then hush your mouth and get to work!  And now I'll get off of my soap box.

I'm having a mini freak out thinking about the 5k's in DC and Atlanta next month and will I be ready?  I'm about 2 weeks behind on my running plan but I'm running tonight (the weather is AMAZING!) and will up my intervals again but I was hoping to be farther along in my training so I could do speed work because I selfishly want to beat a few *certain* people in these races.  Good, healthy competition goes a long way. =)  It seems I will be frequenting DC quite a bit - I was up there this weekend to visit a friend and then we headed to Baltimore to see Brian Regan who was hilarious!  It was my first time in Baltimore though I really want to go back and visit the inner harbor, however if you're up there and looking for a diner - I highly recommend the Paper Moon Diner (not to be confused with the gentleman's club in Richmond).  It was delicious and they have quite an array of food.  Be sure to try the fried green beans.

The week ahead brings more bootcamps (hello 8 AM Saturday morning), running and gym time.  HEAD'S UP FOR RICHMONDERS - American Family (my gym) is having 'bring a friend' week next week (5/9-5/15) so if you're up for a workout and some fun classes, let me know and you can come as my friend.  (I highly recommend Combat Monday nights at 7:30.)  I love working out with people so this will be fun!  Until next time - go have your own adventure - and then tell me about it!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment