Friday, May 13, 2011

Combat, friends, gym, run. What a week!

Well this week brought Combat with friends thanks to open house week at my gym!  After the class, my friend Kristi said she thought I hated her by asking her to come to because of the intensity of the class.  However, I'm glad to report I received an email the next day saying she loved the class and felt great afterwards!  Wednesday brought bootcamp with my friend Tiffany who was there for the first time.  It was definitely better than the first one last week - the exercises were harder and more intense and the order of things were switched.  We were hanging around afterwards, waiting for the parking lot to clear out, and one of the instructors came over to talk to us.  In the course of the conversation I was able to set Tiffany up to run with the trainer before bootcamp Mondays and Wednesdays.  She just loves me right now.  Hey, you never know what will come out of my mouth - I like to help my friends out and she wanted to run. =)   It's a win-win.  Tonight was running and breaking in new shoes, which I've never had issues with before however even if you get the same brand of shoe (mine is Adidas), the cut can be different and it's going to take a few more runs to break these in.  I remember running with a friend a few years ago when she asked if I had gotten to the point where my body hurts at first and then says, well, I guess I'm running and just gets over the pain.  Tonight, it took about 7 minutes of running to hit that point.  Not too shabby.  Tomorrow brings a long day starting with a run in the morning followed by a 3 hour drive for a good friend's wedding with plenty of dancing!

30 minutes (21 running, 9 walking) - 2.15 miles. A smidge under 15 minute miles.  Do I wish I was at 10 minute miles like before?  Sure.  But I know I will get there, I just have to keep pushing myself.

Whenever I get discouraged, I think of a quote by Henry Ford - Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment