Tuesday, May 24, 2011

weekend

Sorry I've been so lax about getting stuff up here- I have a post from Ronnie & Deana's wedding to get up here...as soon as I upload the pictures.  BUT this weekend I manned a yard sale for my parents since they were in the Domincan Republic...I know, I know, and I agree - I should have been in the DR on the fabulous trip.  Just kidding!  They deserved a break.  Since I was over there, I took advantage of their neighborhood and the hills that come with it.  I decided I would run to a playground area and take advantage of the different surfaces and do some strength exercises.  It's amazing how close something seems by car, yet while I was running I kept thinking it's definitely around the next curve, I guess the next curve...the next curve?  Finally, I gave up and headed home.  I went out to clock my mileage and it was a 4 mile walk/run!  I didn't realize I had gone that far and it just reinforced what you can do when you put your mind to something and you're thinking about other things.  I also realized I was only a 1/2 mile from the playground but that's okay - I got in 4 miles WITH hills!  I love when I feel accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment