Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bootcamp bribes

Here is the email exchange between Tiffany and I about bootcamp yesterday.

Me:  Today.  You're going.  That is all.
Tiffany: Ummmmmm I have my clothes with me…ha…..LOL
Me (7 hours later and 90 minutes before class): I don’t wanna go.
T:  You better…..it’s gonna be hot as fish grease though…LOL
Me:  Meh.  Let's skip this week.
T:  NOPE!!!!!!
Me: K.  How about I skip this week?
T:  Ummmmmmm Nope to that either!!!!!
Me:  Yes but if I don’t go, I don’t have to face you until Monday.  And really that’s a holiday so we won’t have it and then I won’t see you until Wednesday and that’s a whole week and then you will have forgotten.  =D
T:  Ha ha at your  plans……Oh I will remember!!!!!  Put a smile on your face and drive to Deep Run Park for BOOTCAMP!!!!!!

All of that to say, I am so thankful to have friends that keep me accountable.  Bootcamp was the LAST place I wanted to be last night, but I went, it was hot as heck, I worked out, I sweated and I felt better afterwards.  I also picked on the trainer and called him out on a few things.  Heck, you have to keep things fun and yourself entertained, right? 

Tonight is an interval run, upping my intervals but have no fear - I'll be running the inside track at the gym.  I may be from the south but it is just too dang hot out there to be running outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment