Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fears and excitement

I feel that part of an adventure is facing your fears and doing things that scare you and excite you at the same time.  Here are a few of those things for me:
  • Moving to a new city and starting over
  • Getting married
  • Completing a half-Ironman (and maybe even an Ironman)
  • Starting a new job
  • Skydiving

Some things that scare me:
  • Gaining back the weight I worked so hard to lose
  • Being alone the rest of my life
  • Losing my family
  • Letting someone down/making them lose faith in me by my actions
  • Singing karaoke  :)
I believe in knowing your limits - and then shattering them and finding your new limits, in constantly pushing yourself to be better and grow as a person (in whatever way that may mean for you).  I also believe conquering your fears makes you stronger and also identifying exactly what it is that scares you helps you achieve more in the future.  Finding the root of your fears but also finding a counter-statement to what scares you.  Be honest, be vulnerable, be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment