Thursday, June 9, 2011

Au Revoir to the Miller's

Tuesday evening I met up with the recently married Ronnie & Deana Miller!  It was the last time we could hang out before they moved to the Raleigh area for Deana's residency so I told Ronnie the choice was up to him what we did.  He chose a bike ride around a park in Glen Allen.  R & D had told me about this park a few times but I never filed it away in my brain and boy was I missing out.  I forgot my camera so I can't show you all the fun we had but no worries, I'll be going back soon.  This place is great!  It has softball and baseball fields, a football field, a playground, 2 trains to play on, a lake with dukes, sheep, goats, horses and trails galore!  We had so much fun going around to all the different places and Deana was telling me about the duck she aptly named Herbert.  I've been a huge fan of Deep Run Park for years now however Glen Allen's park kicks Deep Run's butt from here to Wednesday AND it's maybe 2 - 3 miles from my house, so I can totally bike there!  SCORE!  With all the fun we had at the park, I didn't want to stop riding my bike because that meant it was time to say goodbye to the Miller's.  Ronnie has been a close friend of mine since my sophomore year of college and it's been great having him just a few streets away.  Have no fear, we'll be meeting up again soon...I can't imagine a whole football season passing without seeing them.  Ronnie and Deana - I hope you have a fabulous time in Raleigh....though I don't think I can ever cheer on Duke, but I think I have grown enough to not root AGAINST UVA when they're playing other teams, but that's only because you went there, Deana, and have changed my mine (a little bit) about the school.  Ha.  What can I say, rivalries die hard.  GO HOKIES!  I can't wait to see how this adventure plays out for y'all and the fun you'll have in NC.  Love y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment