Thursday, June 16, 2011

Birthday celebration week commences Friday!

This weekend I head off to NYC via DC and I can't wait.  It is the official beginning of my birthday celebration week, I get to see the McQueen exhibit at the Met, Junior's cheesecake in celebration of my day, and the first of 3 5k's with the Do Life crew.  If you're going to be in NYC, DC or Atlanta, come run and/or walk it with me!  Ben (of the Do Life movement) is hitting multiple cities all over the country (Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, LA, etc) and it's such a positive movement to be involved with - and did I mention it's FREE????

While I'm excited to go to NYC because I love the city and wish I could move there, if I could only find a job, I'm also nervous.  I start thinking I'm not prepared, I'm going to fail, I will be the last one to finish, everyone will laugh at me and I'll be a huge joke.  I have realized I struggle with not being able to do what I once did, either by distance, speed or just the activity and instead of facing those and saying I'm working towards those goals again, I start to self-sabotage and only think negatively.  I think of why I can't, why I shouldn't, how I'll humiliate myself and just be a hassle to everyone else.  I don't know why I do this...part of me knows it's something all girls deal with - the negative thoughts, but that's not enough of an excuse.  Which is why I'm also happy that I have people going with me because they're not going to let me back out over my insecurities, which unfortunately is something I seem to do more often than I would like.  No matter what, this is the beginning of my birthday celebration week which is the beginning of the end of 27 for me, which has been an incredibly hard year.  I'm excited to put 27 behind me and start 28 off on the right foot and hopefully it will be a much better year, full of positivity.  If you're in NYC on 6/19, DC on 6/22 or Atlanta on 6/26, I would LOVE to see you and would love to do the 5k with you.  It's going to be SO fun and we're all hanging out afterwards!  Hope to see you out there, celebrating with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment